I don't know about you, but most days I just want to be comfortable. I'm not going to get all dressed up to play with my kids at home, go to the grocery store, or take a trip to the library. But I also like to feel like there's a difference between my bedtime and daytime looks. So since I've been at home with my kids, I've been on the hunt for pieces that are comfy but still cute to add to my every day wardrobe. Here are a few standby's as well as a few pieces I'd like to add to my closet:
1. Jeggings: I know, I know - worst word ever, but I love love stretchy jeans. They are flattering, comfortable, and practical and go with just about everything
2. Cute sweatshirts: Sweatshirts are so cozy, but they aren't all created equal. I look for pretty colors and a slightly thinner and less bulky material.
3. Scarves: I love a cute scarf to dress up pretty much any outfit. Infinite scarves are my favorite because you don't even have to take the time to tie them.
4. A glam pair of stud earrings: I don't wear the dangly type much these days, because odds are they will be ripped out of my ear lobes in t-minus five seconds by my ten-month-old, but a pretty pair of earrings can go a long way to make you feel a little bit more put-together.
5. A cute/funny t-shirt: Much like the sweatshirts, not all t-shirts are created equal. Go for something that is slightly more fitted with a more modern and simple look.
6. Nail polish - you don't have to go to the salon, but just painting your nails a simple color can make you feel a bit more, well, polished :)
7. Hair accessories: clips, barrettes, headbands, scarves - anything other than a Goodie hair tie will go a long way toward making your dry-shampooed hair feel fancy.
8. Cute pair of flats: Moccasins, flats, or loafers are way more stylish than slippers, sneaks, and flip flops but can be just as comfy and practical for chasing after toddlers.
9. A sparkly necklace: Instantly dress up a tee, or most anything, and hide it under your shirt when those chubby little fingers get too close :)
10. A denim or chambray shirt: super stylish and equally comfortable. Plus they're great for nursing.
So there are my cold-weather faves - if you have any favorite pieces or tips that make you feel good about yourself, please please share! xo, Lauren