I'm a little behind with sharing photos due to hot-chocolate-mageddon 2013, so here's a fun photo dump from our Christmas season...
1. An impromptu tea party after my little sneak discovered one of her gifts a little early. (Apparently Santa didn't hide it well enough!) Haagen Dazs actually sent over this lovely knit tea set for Violet and she is in love - it's her favorite color ("wed"), and she wanted a fancy red tablecloth to match, so a blanket, play table, and a few gingerbread cookies later - voila! Tea party for two.
2. Violet was able to actually help decorate the tree this year. Ornaments may have been broken (she kept putting everything on the very tip of each branch, then Lucy would grab at the bottom of the tree and shake the branches and a couple of ornaments fell off - teamwork lol) So we ended up moving a lot of the ornaments she put on, but it was still pretty magical :)
3. We took Violet to see The Nutcracker for the first time. She was on the edge of her seat watching the Nutcracker battle the Mouse King, and Clara was her "fave witt". Plus she won a free month of dance classes! Can't wait to buy her some pretty little leotards :) Now every time we drive past the theater, she asks, "Are we near the Nutcwacker, Mommy?" and she's already talking about seeing it again next year :)
4. A silly kangaroo cruising around on her scooter may have knocked over the tree. (Yes there was another ornament casualty!) Luckily a lot of our ornaments survived, although I ended up never putting them back on the tree (it was hard enough to find time to decorate the tree the first time around!) I kind of like the simple look anyway.
5. We attempted a gingerbread house using a stoneware mold that someone gave us a while ago, but it was really difficult and Violet and I both got pretty frustrated. Luckily the central market in our city had a free gingerbread house decorating craft, so we did that instead - it was wonderful! They had the houses all built, gave us a cup of icing and assortment of candy, and Violet had a ball. I think she may have eaten as much icing as she smeared on the house, but the ladies must have planned for that as we had plenty of icing to go around :)
6. I was excited that there were carolers outside of market when we went. Violet was completely entranced and Lucy enjoyed the music as well. I can't wait 'til they're old enough to go caroling! (Okay, on second thought, maybe I can...take your time girls, take your time.)
7. We had a great time picking out our tree this year - we got Lucy all bundled up in her new winter coat and went in search of the perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We must've been successful because the guy who sold it to us said that it was a little "unique" and "iffy" so he threw in a free pine garland ;) Success!
8. Violet and Lucy enjoyed the first snow of the season on the same day we were supposed to get our family Christmas pictures taken, so our photographers weren't able to make it. We were already all dressed, so we went out and made due with our iPhone and I'm happy with how they turned out - the snow made all the difference!
9. Violet enjoying a cup of ill-fated "warm" chocolate (she doesn't think hot sounds like a good idea). She's had a bunch of warm chocolate this season (thanks Haagen-Dazs for the yummy Rudolph hot chocolate mix!) Unfortunately one cup ended up on mama's laptop, so I was out of commission for a couple of weeks. Now, hundreds of dollars and a bunch of brand new parts later, we're back in business! If anyone knows of a genius was to insure electronics, I'd love to hear about it!
10. I've been crushing on Anthropologie's wreath for a couple of years now, but I would've had to sell my first-born child (or not buy a second laptop) to buy one, so I decided to make my own. Here's Violet modeling my half-finished creation :)
11. There's nothing like a baby's first Christmas. Lucy has been completely head-over-heels in love with the tree, and I'm sure a few pine needles have been ingested. That's one way to get her to eat her greens I guess!
So there you have it! Our Christmas season rounded up in one post. Working on Christmas day photos as we speak, so stay tuned! xo, Lauren
I'm working with Häagen-Dazs as an ambassador for their Moment for Me campaign. It's all about celebrating those little moments that you take for yourself, or even doing something you love with your loved ones - whether it's having a special tea party with your little ones, decorating the tree for Christmas, or taking your daughter to her first ballet. So I'll be sharing those types of moments here on A Lovely Lark as well as on my Instagram feed with the tag #HDmoment. We'd love for you to join in too - just tag your photos on social media and your moment may be shared by Häagen-Dazs!