If I could go back to the time before I was a mother myself and redo all of the gifts I've given new mamas I so would. They really don't need one more tiny outfit, as adorable as it might be. Instead I'd go with one of these ideas:
1. New mom snack box - I can't tell you how many times I skipped a meal with Violet because I just didn't have the time (or free hands). This snack box would have been sooo appreciated.
2. Something sentimental - this bracelet or this necklace with the new babe's name or initial would be perfect.
3. A hot meal - these have been a Godsend since we had Lucy. So many of our friends and family have sent over delicious homemade and restaurant meals for us this past month - it's been nice to have Kevin's hands free in the evenings to play with Violet or hold Lucy instead of slaving over a hot grill.
4. Time - My mom took Violet overnight for the first time since I had Lucy and it's been nice to have a little quiet time with Kevin and extra bonding time with Lucy. Sometimes with two kids I don't feel like I get to totally focus in on either one. Most new moms won't want to let you watch their newborns, but if they have an older child offer to take him or her to the park for an hour or so - it'll be the best gift they got guaranteed.
5. Run an Errand - Call before you come to visit the baby and ask if there's anything you can pick up or do to help out - we ran out of toilet paper the one day and my sister was a lifesaver when she picked some up for me.
What was your favorite/most helpful gift that you received as a new mom? I'd love to hear about it! Happy Friday :) xo, Lauren