I have had a couple of emails/comments lately asking what are the best gifts to buy for new babies. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
1. Burt's Bees Baby Products - I can't say enough about Burt's Bees baby products. Natural, safe for baby, and oh so good. And you can never have too much baby shampoo - that stuff is always useful!
2. Dove Soap for Sensitive Skin - The best most gentle thing for your baby's skin. When we had issues with Violet's allergies and a full-body rash as a result, this is what her pediatrician recommended. What a life saver! We even used it in her hair for a while.
3. A cute pair of booties - What new mom wouldn't swoon over these sweet little crochet booties from Blabla?
4. Live Clean Baby Non-Petroleum Jelly - Love me some petroleum jelly, but if you're looking for something a little less petroleum and a little more natural, this is the way to go.
5. Personalized toy - This sweet little pull toy from Paloma's Nest would make a lovely heirloom toy for any little one (and his mama) to treasure.
6. Moby Wrap - For newborns, this is definitely a must-have. Keeps them close and swaddled with mama and lets her have her hands free to make a sandwich or wrangle a toddler :)
7. Puj Tub - Takes up virtually zero space, lets you bathe your babe in the sink with ease, and looks nice too. (plus it's mold and mildew resistant!)
8. Cute Bibs - From newborn drool to messy toddlers, bibs are one of the most hard-working items you can give a mama. And I figure if your baby is going to have one on so often, you might as well get a few cute ones!
9. Diapers + Wipes - Unless your friend is going the cloth diaper route, this is another thing you can't have too much of with a newborn. My favorite brand is Pampers Sensitive - it's the only brand we found that Violet's sensitive (and allergy prone) skin could handle as a baby.
10. A soft friend - These handmade animals from Tiny Warbler on Etsy are some of my favs.
11. A Baby Book - To record all of those milestones. I love this one by Bebis.
12. A+D Ointment - Another product I wouldn't live without. This was another life saver with Violet's skin issues. I'll never use another diaper rash product.
13. Sleep Gowns - Make midnight diaper changes a breeze. These striped numbers from Tadpoles are pretty adorable.
14. A Rattle - Can't go wrong with a classic toy! Love this little birdy.
15. A Book - Violet loved the classics Pat the Bunny and Goodnight Moon.
16. Teething Toy - V was definitely obsessed with Sophie the Giraffe. She squeaks! You can chew on her! She has neat spots! A hit in our house for sure.
17. Soft Blankets - For swaddling and keeping baby warm - you can never have too many blankets!
So what about you? What are your favorite newborn gifts to give? I'd love some new ideas!