I get a ton of emails asking about how I create certain graphics for my blog, what programs I use to create layouts, etc. etc., so I thought maybe the information was post-worthy. First up is graphics. I create some of the graphics myself, but I also use a lot of freebies from other bloggers. Read on for more info (and a free download!):
1. I created these simple ribbon tags in Photoshop - they take about five seconds to make and are useful in labeling posts.
2. I used this graphic in my New Year's Resolutions post, but I love them so much I'm sure they'll pop up again sometime! They are actually a Photoshop brush that I downloaded courtesy of Pugly Pixel.
3. I created these little bronze polka dots by photographing some metallic paper I had laying around and masking the image with a circle in Photoshop.
4. This is another freebie courtesy of Pugly Pixel. She offers free downloads quite frequently, but if you become a member (for a mere $5!) you can download all kind of great graphics, brushes, layouts, and templates.
5. I've used these polaroids heavily lately. They're a freebie from Jess Craig of IROCKSOWHAT and come in a whole bunch of different colors and patterns.
6. I used this tinsel brush in this post and it got a lot of attention. (I'm not surprised - it's beautiful!) You need to have Photoshop to be able to use it and if you're more of a Photoshop novice like me you'll definitely need to use the tutorial to get this one to work.
7. This washi tape has popped up a lot lately too. Another freebie from Pugly Pixel (seriously check that site out - it's full of great stuff!)
8. And last but not least, these banners aren't something I've use on the blog, but I did use them for the kids' Christmas table I created. I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up on here in the future though!
And if any of you are into the blog graphics I created, here's a page full of freebies for ya [for personal use only]:
Happy Friday the 13th!