I feel like just as we are beginning to get a handle on things with Violet we're shaking it all up again. But change is good right? Trying to focus on the positive:
- Violet will have three sweet and adorable children as playmates - ages six, four, and two.
- I will get that crazy excited look of pure joy when I come home from work that she usually reserves for the Hubster.
- I will get help with putting the babe to sleep and with the night time wakings.
- Violet will become more independent and comfortable with other people. Maybe she'll even learn to crawl! (I always have trouble letting her struggle and just end up helping her get things)
- Hopefully we'll get into more of a routine as she will be waking at the same time each day.
- Her babysitter is a wonderful patient person who was a former elementary school teacher and has raised three polite, happy, intelligent, and independent children.
Will she be okay?
Of course I know that she will survive, but my heart is still breaking a little bit. (Okay a lot.) I think Daniel Stern, narrator of one of my favorite shows, The Wonder Years, said it best:
Change is never easy. You fight to hold on; you fight to let go.