I've heard so many people say that they absolutely loved being pregnant and miss it. I must say that I can't join them in this feeling, as much as I might like to. Here are a few of my
- I cannot get comfortable. If I sit, my butt hurts, if I stand, my feet hurt. When I lay down, it's like I have a bowling ball inside of me.
- Sock monkies creep me out. For some reason I feel like I should like them, but I have yet to find a non-creepy one.
- I frequently called Violet 'my little parasite' during the first trimester and refer to her as an alien when I see my belly moving around on its own.
- The Hubster does most of the cooking now. He doesn't really even ask me to help, he just lets me sit on the couch like a lump while he does all of the work. He is amazing.
- I have a lot of horrible thoughts lately. I'm sure I can credit them to the hormones raging throughout my body, the tiredness, and the discomfort, and I try not to act on them. You'd think pregnancy would make you have loving, motherly thoughts but certainly not for me.
- Sometimes I throw things (don't worry not plates - more like socks or tissues) to vent a little insanity and I often make nasty faces lately to express my wretchedness.
- I hate that I want to nest and organize and get my home ready for the baby, but have absolutely zero energy to do so by the time I get home from work.
- I definitely take up three-fourths (or more) of our queen-sized bed. Three or four pillows to prop me up, a body pillow, and a pillow or two between my legs is all I need for a semi-comfortable night of sleep. Although sometimes those don't even help.
- When I walk I hear a soundtrack playing in my head of a bass drum or some sort of giant elephant plodding along.
On the flip side, I know that at the other end of this pregnancy is a beautiful baby of my very own and I would do it all over again without question. And I know that I shouldn't even been complaining. I've had a very smooth and uneventful pregnancy so far - there are so many women who have it so much worse than me. But I don't know if I could live in a world where you can't complain now and again on your own blog ;) So thanks for bearing with me and I hope at the very least you enjoyed the pretty pictures!
What is/was your biggest pregnancy complaint?
I'd love to hear them - it'd make me feel a little better about doing all of that whining ;)