I ran across this site and loved your style! I think I was on here for over an hour. I would love your ideas for our bedroom:
It has been this way for over a year. I would love the furniture to stay. The elliptical trainer is now out of the room. The bedding is from Restoration Hardware, and I guess it can stay (though it could go). I would also like to keep the paint color as well. I really need help with accessories. I am so indecisive when it comes to that. My style I would say is Transitional, a bit of modern with traditional. I love Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ethan Allen type of styles but on a Target budget. I hope you have time to squeeze in my design dilemma! Thanks!
As Dorothy Draper said, "It is just as disastrous to have the wrong accessories in your room as it is to wear sport shoes with an evening dress." So here are some accessories that I think would be right for your space, Jenny:
And suggestions for where to place them:
- Swing Arm Sconces flanking the bed
- Nautical Prints above the bed
- Add more color with these indigo curtains (if you want to keep the white it would work, but I'd consider going with a cleaner rod-pocket or grommet top rather than the tie tabs)
- Mirrored tray, vase, and candles on top of the shorter wider dresser with the square mirror above. If you have any personal photos you'd like to include in the room, this would be a great place to do it. Some sort of metallic or mirrored frames would look nice.
- Birds, lamp, and cubist wall art above the taller more narrow dresser. There are three different lamp finishes at West Elm - I think any would work, but this would be my choice.
- Small mirrors hung vertically on the empty wall on the other side of the entryway to the bedroom
- Two chocolate pillows and one or two damask pillows added to the bed.